Nadiyne Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. Given that the oldest preserved tombstone dates to the 19th – early 20th century, it can be gathered the cemetery was founded in that era. It cannot be found marked on old maps of the region.
Jewish Colony Number 13 in Nadiyne (Ukr. Надійне, Rus. Надёжное, Yid. נאַדיאָזשנע) was founded in 1855 by Jews from the Vilno Governorate, hence its popular nickname Vilner. There were 634 Jews (82% of the total population) in the colony in 1897. The community maintained a prayer house and a school. During the Civil War of 1918–21, the colony survived several pogroms. The Soviet authorities created a collective farm in 1929. After the arrival of the Germans in October 1941, the 53 Jews who had not evacuated were murdered. The evacuees relocated to the village of Balabanovka, in the Rostov Region, but were captured and murdered by the advancing Germans in July 1942.
It is not known when exactly the cemetery was founded.