Mykolayivka-Novorossiyska Jewish Cemetery
Information on the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It was marked on a Russian map published in 1923, using data from 1916. According to Yizkor, the cemetery was entirely destroyed and its land was ploughed during WWII.
The first mention of the Jewish community of Mykolayivka-Novorossiys’ka dates back to the mid-19th century. In 1897, its Jewish population numbered 980 (36% of the total population). In 1844, a synagogue was established. By 1858, a hevra kadisha was operating. Two societies which cared for the sick and poor were functioning. In 1890, a Hasidic synagogue was opened. In 1890, a Hebrew school was founded by Rabbin M. Rebelsky, who was active in the community from 1904 to 1911. During the pogrom in October 1905, two members of the Jewish self-defence detachment were killed. In the early 20th century, a Jewish government school for boys and a private school for girls were active. In 1930, there were 806 Jews (29% of the total population) living in Mykolayivka-Novorossiys’ka. From late June to early July 1941, the majority of the Jewish population was deported to Transnistria. In August 1941, the remaining 80 Jews in the town were murdered.