Mikepercs Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Mikepércs was established as early as 1839, since the oldest tombstone found in the cemetery dates to that year. No tombstones later than 1902 were discovered in the cemetery, however the cemetery may have continued to operate in the following years. The cemetery has not been fenced.
In 1840, Jews accounted for 41 people of the total population in Mikepércs (1,844). 55 Jews lived in the village in 1910, 37 in 1920, and 29 in 1930. By 1941, Jews merely accounted for 21 people in the village (of the total population of 2,696). The shochet (butcher) and cantor was Immánuel Citron. The leader of the Jewish community was Ignác Jiss, who later died on the train to Auschwitz, at the age of 86. Only a few of the local Jews survived the Holocaust and returned to the village after the war. They soon sold their houses and moved away. A memorial was erected in honour of the local martyrs in the Jewish cemetery in Debrecen.