Michalovce Jewish Cemetery in Hradok
The cemetery is marked on an Austro-Hungarian map of the region from 1866 and later, another from the 1880s. Most likely, it emerged in mid-19th century. “The first Jewish cemetery was in Straniany, opposite the Red Wood. Later Count Sztaray gave a Hradek hill for that purpose” (Yizkor Michalovce, p. 31).
The book of the Chevra Kadisha Society, which contains an extensive list of the individuals buried at the Jewish cemetery at Hrádek and also at Straniany, has been preserved to this day in Kosice.