Makiv Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. First, it was marked on the Russian map of 1939, but the oldest preserved gravestone relates to the mid-18th century. The earliest information about the Jewish community relates to 1765. The number of the Jewish population was 117 in 1787. By that time, 55 houses were under Jewish ownership. The Jewish population stood at 144 people in 1897, and declined to 81 in 1926, in the Soviet period. On July 10, 1941, the Germans occupied Makiv. In autumn 1941, the Jews of Makiv were murdered together with the Jews of Shatava.