Maisiagala Jewish Cemetery
Given the oldest preserved tombstone is dated 1886, it can be inferred the cemetery was already in use by the late 19th century.
Maišiagala (Pl. Mejszagoła, Yid. מיישעגאָלע) had a Jewish population of 354 in 1865. About 55 Jewish families lived in the town in the interwar period. When the area was transferred to Lithuania in 1939, Lithuanian nationalists staged a pogrom. The whole of Lithuania was annexed by the Soviet Union in 1940. After the German invasion in 1941, the Jews were confined in a ghetto and taken for forced labour. On 28 September 1941, they were murdered.