Lyubashivka New Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery was established in the 1910s. It is marked on a Russian map from 1917. Most of the preserved gravestones were erected after WWII. Presumably, older gravestones that can be found on the cemetery site were brought from the old cemetery of Lyubashivka.
In 1868, around 180 Jews (26% of the total population) lived in Lyubashivka. During the early 20th century, about 200 Jewish families were residing here. Rabbi Shmuel-Zeev Shechter (1875–?) served in Lyubashivka during the late 19th and early 20th century. In 1919, detachments of the Volunteer Army carried out a pogrom, which some Jews escaped by fleeing to Ivanovka. After the pogrom, 50 to 60 Jewish families remained in Lyubashivka. In 1939, the Jewish population numbered 671 individuals. In summer of 1941, the Wehrmacht occupied the town, and a ghetto was created. In September 1941, about 350 Jews were executed.