Luoke Second Jewish Cemetery
Given the oldest preserved tombstone is dated 1879, it can be inferred the cemetery was already in use by the late 19th century.
Jews began to settle in Luokė (Pl. Łukniki, Yid. לוקניק) in the 17th century. A fire in 1887 and a pogrom caused by a blood libel in 1888 hit the community hard and led to Jewish emigration to America, South Africa and Palestine. In 1897, there were 798 Jews in the town, or 49% of the total population. In the interwar period, the community maintained a Hebrew school, two batei-midrash and a library. The local Jewish People’s Bank (Folksbank) had 91 members in 1927. Zionist organisations were active. About 400 Jews lived in Luokė at the time of the German invasion in 1941. The Jews were killed in the nearby camps in Gudiškė and Geruliai.