Lubny Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s foundation is unknown. However, according to locals, the cemetery already existed in the 19th century. Locals say that once the cemetery occupied 4-5 hectares, and began to be began to be gradually demolished and overbuilt with private houses in 1920s. The cemetery is marked on the RKKA topographic map of 1941 with a perimeter slight larger than the preserved part today. The oldest preserved tombstone dates to the early 20th century. During the last decade, the remainder of the site was cleared by local authorities and used as a public park.