Lozova Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It cannot be found marked on old maps of the region as well. According to local residents, the cemetery was finally demolished around 2010 during the construction of an enterprise (RES).
The city of Lozova (Ukr. Лозова, Rus. Лозовая) emerged around a railway station in the late 1860s. In 1897, it already had a Jewish population of 813, which was 22% of the city, although Jews were not officially allowed to settle there until 1903.
The town had a public Jewish school for boys and a private coeducational Jewish school in 1910. In 1939, there were 528 Jews in Lozova. Apparently the majority of them were able to escape before the Germans arrived in October 1941. The synagogue, first mentioned in 1913, was closed by the Soviet authorities and converted into a church in December 1941, under the German occupation. The building was used as a church until 1961, when it became a youth centre and later a library, and was finally demolished in the late 1970s. According to the 2001 census, less than 20 Jews lived in Lozova and the surrounding areas.
The exact date of the establishment of the cemetery is unknown. According to local residents, what remained of the cemetery was destroyed around 2010 during construction works in the area.