Lovopetri Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Lövőpetri was established as early as 1860, since the oldest tombstone found in the cemetery dates to that year. The latest tombstone found in the cemetery was erected in 1932. The cemetery is now part of the local municipal cemetery.
In 1840, 34 Jews were recorded as living in the village of Lövőpetri. The Jewish community reached its peak in 1880 with a population of 59, after which their numbers decreased and by 1941, only 13 Jews remained in the village. In 1944 the Jews of Lövőpetri were deported to the Kisvárda Ghetto and from there to Auschwitz. After the war, only seven Jews from Lövőpetri survived. They did not stay in the village, and the Jewish community in Lövőpetri was never rebuilt.