Lopatyn Jewish Cemetery
Information on the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It emerged not earlier than the 19th century. Presumably, it was demolished after WWII.
The Jews first settled in the early 19th century. In 1880, 332 Jews were inhabitants of Lopatyn (14.4% of the total population). In 1890, the Jewish population reached 537 (19.8% of the total population). In the late 19th century, two synagogues of the Belz and Husiatyn Hasidism operated, and a Jewish cemetery was established. A Bikur Hoilim society and Hevra Kadisha were active. Menachem-Mendel Lashchover served as a rabbi. From the early 1910s, the Zionist organization Ha-Tikva functioned. In 1910, the Jewish population was 505 (15.3% of the total population). During WWI, the soldiers of the Russian army robbed Jews and burnt Jewish houses. In the post-war period, the economic condition declined. By 1921, it slightly dropped to 400 (12.5% of the total population). In 1922-24, a Hebrew school operated. On June 24, 1941, the German troops occupied the town. In May 1942, about 450 Jews remained in Lopatyn. On October 22, 1942, around 400 Jews were deported to the Sokal’ ghetto, and later to the Belzec death camp. On April 3, 1944, five Jews returned to Lopatyn.