Lobez Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery in Łobez was established at the beginning of the 19th century, south of the town, on the eastern bank of the Rega, at Südring (now Segala Street). It happened only about a hundred years after the first Jewish families had settled in Łobez, but they constituted a small group of a dozen or so people. They did not intend to create their own cemetery and buried their dead in the Jewish necropolis in Płoty. In 1812, 38 Jews lived in Łobez, who constituted about 2% of the town’s citizens, which was the basis for establishing the community. In the following years, the number of members of the Jewish community increased systematically – in 1840 there were 90, in the middle of the century about 120. However, in 1867, the Jewish community was the most numerous, when it had 175 members (3.5% of the town’s population). In the 1870s, a wave of emigration to larger cities began. By 1895, the number of Jews from Łobez had decreased to 115 people, and at the beginning of the 20th century, in 1905, there were only 100 in the city. In the mid-1920s, the community had only 40 members (0.3% of the city’s population. A new commune was created which also included the inhabitants of Karwów and Węgorzyn. This did not stop the further departures of the Jewish population, especially in the 1930s. The Jewish cemetery in Łobez was surrounded by a high stone wall. It is believed that about 100 members of the community were buried there. The cemetery survived the Nazi period and World War II. Currently, no tombstones have survived in this area. The only evidence of its existence is the old trees and city plans from the 1930s.
(West Pomeranian Encyclopedia; http://encyklopedia.szczecin.pl)