Lisne Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It could not be found marked on old maps of the region. According to locals, the cemetery was demolished in the first half of the 20th century, prior to WWII. Today, no visible traces of the cemetery or its boundaries remain. There is not much information on the Jewish community of Lisne. In 1897, the Jewish population numbered 310 (29% of the total population), decreasing to 193 (10% of the total population) by 1930. In the mid-19th century, the pharmacy in Lisne was owned by members of the Jewish community. The Wehrmacht occupied the village in August 1941. In October of same year, the Jewish community was deported to Tarutino and Transnistria.