Lishchyn Old Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It is likely that it was demolished during WWII if not beforehand, as the locals only remember that it once existed and none of them ever personally saw the site. It cannot be found on the maps of the region.
Jews likely first began to settle in Lishchyn (Ukr. Ліщин, Rus. Лещин, Yid. לישטין) in the early 18th century. The community maintained a synagogue in the town. The Jewish population rose from 192 in 1775, to 572 in 1847, however it later fell to 337 people (20% of the town). There were 157 Jews living in Lishchyn in 1926. During WWII, the Jews who had failed to flee the rapidly advancing German army were murdered in late August or early September 1941.
It is not known when the cemetery was either founded or demolished. According to local residents, there used to be another, older Jewish cemetery nearby.