Lesnica Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located behind Strzelecka street - following a path adjacent to the road, over open fields.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The cemetery has a metal fence, around 1.5m high, with metal fence posts.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The Cemetery of Lesnica is located in a quiet valley, about 1.5km from the road to Zalesie Slaskie. The last known burial took place in January, 1920. The local Community built a metal fence for the cemetery in 1980. The cemetery is maintained and cared for, there is no sign of forestation or risk of overgrowth. Some matzevot are in situ and in good condition with readable inscriptions and there are also some fragments as well at the site.
Number of existing gravestones
16 standing and 10 lying gravestones were found.
Date of oldest tombstone
Bertha Mohaver died September 24th 1841.
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Preserved construction on site