Legrad Jewish Cemetery
Legrad is a municipality in northern Croatia, located north of Koprivnica and east of Ludbreg in Koprivnica–Križevci County. The earliest recorded mention of Legard was in 1384, and, in the 15th century, it received the status of a market square. In 1643, Ferdinand III granted the privilege of free trade to Legrad, and in the mid-17th century, it was briefly described as a city (civitas). At the beginning of the 18th century, Legrad was one of the most important and largest settlements in the region with a population of about 3,000 inhabitants. The city was famous for its annual fairs at which agricultural products from around the region were sold. Jews first settled in the city in the 19th century and the community was officially registered in 1820. The Jewish community built a synagogue, which was later abandoned before 1941, sold in 1947 and then demolished. The organized Jewish community ceased to exist by 1918 and, in 1931, only 30 individual Jews remained in the town. After the World War II only one Jew lived there.
The Jewish cemetery was built in 1867 and had about 20 tombstones.