Kyblyary Jewish Cemetery
Presumably, the Jewish Cemetery in Kyblyary was established in the 19th century. According to epigraphic data, it already existed in 1873. The cemetery was in use after WWII, as evidenced by a burial from 1969.
Jews are believed to have arrived in the area of Kyblyary in the early 18th century. In 1830, there were 169 Jews living in the town. In 1910, the Jewish population had risen to 150. By 1921, during the Czechoslovakian period, the Jewish population numbered 151. Jews were engaged in agriculture and commerce. In 1930, the town’s Jewish population numbered 132 individuals. Hungarian forces arrived in Kyblyary in March 1939, with the consequence that the Jews were persecuted and forced out of their occupations. There were 114 Jews living in Kyblyary in 1941. Some Jews were drafted into forced labour battalions. Others were sent to the Eastern front, where most perished. Some Jews without Hungarian citizenship were expelled to Kamenets-Podolski in Nazi-occupied Ukrainian territory and murdered. The remaining Jews of Kyblyary were deported to Auschwitz in late May 1944. No Jews live in the town today.