Kuzmyntsi Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. However, according to locals, it was still in use in 1983, at which point around 5-6 tombstones remained on the site.
The town of Kuz’myntsi was first mentioned in 1504. From 1569, the region belonged to the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. In 1793, after the Second partition of Poland, it came under the control of the Russian Empire, and became a part of the Podolia Governorate (Podolskaya Gubernia).
In 1897, it had a Jewish population of around 50 people of the 1088 total population. In 1918, a pogrom in Kuz’myntsi claimed 6 Jewish victims. After 1922, Kuzmyntsi became a part of the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic within the USSR. In 1941, Kuzmyntsi was occupied by German and Romanian units, and included in the Transnistria Governorate. A ghetto was established there, where 225 local Jews and others deported from Bessarabia and Bukovina perished; by September 1st 1943, only 128 remained.
The remains of the Jewish cemetery still existed in Kuz’myntsi in the early 1980s until the were demolished.