Kurozweki Jewish Cemetery
The first mentions of Kurozwęki appeared in written sources as early as 1264. The development of Jewish settlement dates to the end of the 16th century when Kurozwęki was known as a centre of Calvinism. In 1748, 6 Jewish families lived in the town, and there was also a wooden synagogue. The cemetery was probably established in this period in the southwest part of the town. In 1787, according to census data, 90 Jews were registered Kurozwęki, constituting 10.9% of the total population. In 1827, there were 214 Jews. In the interwar period, the Jewish community was one of the smallest in Szydłów County. From 1917 to 1926, there were 267 to 184 members in the Jewish community (a downward trend). Burials took place at the Jewish cemetery in Szydłów. In 1928, the religious community in Szydłów asked the authorities to include the community of Kurozwęki within their jurisdiction. Owing to financial problems and the lack of functioning of local religious structures in Kurozwęki, the incorporation happened in January 1932. During World War II, the Germans resettled Jews from other towns, including Radom, to Kurozwęki. In November 1942, Jews were deported to Staszów, and then through Grzybów and Szczuczyn to the extermination camp in Treblinka. Currently, there is no material trace of the Jewish cemetery, and its location is known only from pre-war maps.