Kuniv Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. First, it was marked on a Russian map of the 1880s as Jewish cemetery. Later, it appears on maps of the 1920s and 1939. The oldest preserved gravestone relates to the second half of the 19th century.
In the mid-18th century, 173 Jews were inhabitants of Kuniv. In 1865, a synagogue operated. The number of the Jewish population of 618 Jews in 1847, had tripled by 1897 and consisted of 1,661 people (56,5% of the total). Jews were engaged mainly in crafts and trade. In 1912, a Jewish association of savings and loan was established. In 1914, a pharmacy, three warehouses of pharmacy goods and 27 shops were in the hands of Jews. In 1923, a number of the Jewish population was 1,029. In July 1941, the Wehrmacht troops occupied Kuniv. On August 4, 1941, 159 Jews from Kuniv and Malaya Radogoshchi were shot near the Jewish cemetery. Hundreds of Jewish artisans were murdered in June 1942.