Kulykiv Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. First, it appears on cadastral maps of 1850. Later it was also marked on the 3rd military survey of the Austro-Hungarian Empire in the 1880s.
The Jews settled in Kulykiv in the mid-16th century. In 1765, 268 Jews resided in Kulykiv. The Council of Four Lands carried out meetings in the town a few times during the 17th and 18th century. The Jewish community was subordinated to the Lviv Kehila until the 17th century. By this time, a synagogue and a cemetery were established. At the beginning of the 19th century, Rabbi Shlomo Kluger (1785–1869), aka Solomon ben Judah Aaron Kluger, was an Av Beit -Din of Brody, and simultaneously he fulfilled the duties of a rabbi in Kulykiv, Rava-Ruska and Lublin. In 1880, the number of Jewish residents of Kulykiv stood at 1,124 (34.8% of the total population). By 1921, the Jewish population dropped to 509 (17.6% of the total population). In late June 1941, the Wehrmacht troops occupied Kulikov. On July 1, 1941, the Ukrainian police staged a pogrom. In September 1941, two labour camps were established in the surrounding villages. On November 25, 1942, 586 Jews were deported to the Belzec death camp, and the remnants were expelled to the Zhovkva ghetto.