Ksaveriv Jewish Cemetery
he exact period of the cemetery establishment is unknown. It is likely to have operated before or during WWII, as there is mass grave memorial to the victims of the Shoah. According to the locals, the cemetery still existed in the 1970’s. The Commission on the Preservation of Jewish Heritage made an expedition to this site in 1995. It was already demolished, therefore it can be presumed that the site was demolished between the 1970’s and the 1990’s.
According to tax records, Ksaveriv (Ukr. Ксаверів, Rus. Ксаверов, Yid. קסאַוועראָוו) had an organized Jewish community (kahal) as early as in 1772. The Jewish population was 330 in 1847, reaching 455 in 1897, which was 37% of the total population. The synagogue already existed in 1865. In 1919, during the Civil War, the community survived a pogrom. There were 448 Jews in Ksaveriv in 1923. A mikveh operated until the late 1920s. After the arrival of the Germans in 1941, any remaining Jews were murdered on 13 September.
It is unknown when the cemetery was founded. The cemetery is known to have also been used by the Jews from the nearby village of Skuraty. According to a local resident, the cemetery still existed around 1970. The monument to the victims of fascism may mark the location of a mass grave; however, this cannot be ascertained at present.