Krosno Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery in Krosno was established at the end of the 19th century. It is located on the hillside, behind the Zawodzie park, at ul. Fr. Władysław Sarna (although the neighboring house has the address of No.12 Goszczyński).
During World War II, the Germans devastated the necropolis and used most of the matzevot for construction purposes. In 1946, some of the tombstones were recovered and used to build one of the nearby houses.
In May 2009, during the cleaning works in the north-eastern part of the cemetery, a mass grave was identified , where the rabbi from Krosno and several dozen local Jews, probably murdered on December 9, are buried. 1942. An epitaph in Hebrew was placed on the grave.