Krasyliv New Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. First, it appears on Russian maps of 1917. According to the testimonies of the former resident, the cemetery was operating until WWII. It was demolished in the second part of the 20th century. Jews are known from the 18th century. 273 Jews were inhabitants of the town in 1765. Jews earned their living in crafts and trade. From the second half of the 19th century, a tzadik Rabbi Yisrael (born in 1895) settled here. The Hasidic dynasty was continued by his son Baruch Zak (1887–1949), who left for Palestine later. In 1886, a pharmacy owned by a Jew existed. In 1897, the Jewish population reached 2,563 (36,9% of the total) and declined to 1,180 in 1923. In 1910, a private Jewish vocational school was established. In 1914, a rope factory, two timber stores, mill, 76 shops, two pharmacies were owned by the Jews. A Jewish library operated. In 1918-1921, a pogrom claimed the lives of 15 Jews. Since the 1920s, Zionist organizations had become active. In 1939, there were 1,250 Jewish residents. In July 1941, parts of the Wehrmacht occupied Krasyliv. In early 1942, 2,000 Jews were imprisoned in a camp, which was liquidated in July 1942. The prisoners of the liquidated ghetto were deported to Manivtsy, where they were shot. In 2003, the Jews resided in Krasyliv.