Krasnoyil’sk Jewish Cemetery
In 1890, the owner of a local glass factory bought land for a Jewish cemetery. It can be supposed that it was demolished after WWII. The location of the cemetery site was determined according to the oral testimonies of the local people. The location requires additional confirmation.
Jews settled in Krasnoputna (now part of Krasnoyils’k) in 1820.. Many Jews were employed at a sawmill. In 1890, the land for a Jewish cemetery was purchased. The first synagogue was built in 1825. A mikvah and a bathhouse were built at that period as well. In 1930, 160 Jews lived in Krasnoputna. The Jewish children optionally attended heders after the state school to get a traditional Jewish education. During the German occupation, Jews were deported to Transnistria.