Krasnohrad New Jewish Cemetery
Given the dates of the Jewish tombstones and in view of the fact that the Jewish cemetery was demolished and overbuilt with Christian one, the Jewish cemetery could have operates in the mid 20th century or in the pre-war era. It was gradually repurposed as a Christian graveyard throughout the second half of the 20th century.
When Krasnohrad (Rus., Ukr. Красноград, Yid. קראַסנאָגראַד, until 1922 Konstantinograd – Ukr. Костянтиноград, Rus. Константиноград) received city status in 1798, it already had a Jewish community of around 150 people. The oldest pinkas records (a traditional ledger from a Jewish communal organization) were dated to 1810.
During the 19th century, the Jewish population grew from 234 in 1847 to 1,099 (53%) in 1897. In the early 20th century, the community maintained 3 synagogues, a cemetery, a talmud-torah, a modernized cheder, a private school, a school for poor children as well as a loan fund. Poalei Zionists were active in the town. The Jews were attacked in pogroms during the Civil War of 1918–21. In the Soviet period, the Jewish population fell and stood at 237 people in 1939.
Around 90 Jews from Krasnohrad were murdered by the Nazis near the village of Natalyne in June 1942. According to the 2001 census, there were 10 Jews living in Krasnohrad and the surrounding areas.
The exact date of the establishment of the cemetery is unknown. Most of the cemetery is now used for non-Jewish burials, only 2 Jewish tombstones from 1947 and 1982 remain.