Kozliv Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. Presumably, it was established in the 19th century. First, it appears on Polish maps of Wojskowy Instytut Geograficzny (WIG) of 1937.
64 Jews resided in Kozliv in 1765. The Jewish community emerged in the late 18th century. The Jewish population reached 1,247 (30,6% of the total population) in 1880. Emigration of young people to Argentina and the U.S. after WWI reduced Jewish population to 715 people (17,8% of the total population) by 1921. By these days, local Jews were mostly engaged in agriculture and craft. Several Beit-Midrash institutions, a synagogue and prayer houses of Husyatyn and Rogatin hasidic dynasties existed in the town. In 1928, the Zionist groups Gordonia, HaRevizionistim and Ahava were in operation. In September 1942, all the Jews of Kozliv were deported to the Belzec death camp.