Korolivka Jewish Cemetery
It can be assumed that the cemetery was established in the 18th century, although the earliest preserved gravestone relates to the early 19th century. Supposedly it appears on maps of the Austro-Hungarian Empire in the 1880s.
The Jews are known in Korolivka from the late 17th century. The construction of the first synagogue in Korolivka dates back to the early 18th century. In the 18th century, the Jews of Korolivka were engaged in leasing and commerce. In 1900, the Jewish population grew to 1,596 (44,5% of the total). In 1904, a fire destroyed 30 Jewish houses. The town was ruined by the Russian army during the WWI. The Jewish population reduced to 1,161 (37,6% of the total population) in 1921. In the 1930s, the Jewish community suffered economic stagnation. The Wehrmacht troops occupied the town on July 1, 1941. On September 26, 1942, from 700 to 900 Jews were sent to the Borschiv ghetto and then deported to the Belzec death camp. Most of the rest Jews were also sent to the Borschiv ghetto a month later. The founder of the Frankist movement Jacob Frank (1726-1791) was born in Korolivka.