Kornytsya Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown, but the oldest preserved gravestone relates to the late 18th century. First, it appears on Russian maps of the 1880s, and later it was marked on maps of 1920s and 1939.
Jews are first mentioned in the 17th century. During the Tatar raid of 1649, the Jewish community of Kornytsya perished. By 1765, nearly 300 Jews were inhabitants of Kornytsya. In 1865, a synagogue operated. The Jewish population stood at 517 (41,3% of the total) in 1897 and declined to 322 in 1923. In 1914, a warehouse of pharmacy goods and five stables were in the hands of the Jews. In late 1941, during the German occupation, the Jews of Kornytsya were deported to the Lyakhovtsy ghetto.