Koniecpol Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery in Koniecpol is located at 30 Zachodnie Street, about 500 metres west of the market square. The cemetery’s exact establishment date is unknown, though it was probably founded in the 19th century. During World War II, it was completely destroyed by the Germans. After 1945, residential and industrial buildings were built over the site. Currently the Municipal Services Department is located at 30 Zachodnia Street. Not a single tombstone has survived from the cemetery. The cemetery is not marked and there is no form of commemoration. The cemetery covered an area of approximately 0.5 hectares.
Koniecpol was granted town rights in 1443. The beginnings of Jewish settlement in the town date to the beginning of the 17th century. In 1764, 394 Jews lived there. 408 Jews lived in the town in 1828 – (constituting 31.5% of the total population), and 1,077 by 1921 (45%). During World War II, at the end of 1941, the Germans established a ghetto in Kłobuck, where they gathered about 1,600 Jews from the town and surrounding villages. After the liquidation of the ghetto, on October 6, 1942, the Jews of Koniecpol were deported to the extermination camp in Treblinka.