Kolochava Jewish Cemetery
The cemetery is located on the hill behind the house at 75, Shevchenka Street. Enter it through the wooden gates.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
The cemetery is surrounded by an old metal mesh fence of 1.2 metres height.
Fenced and protected Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery is well-maintained. It requires re-fencing. The cemetery site is used for cattle grazing.
Number of existing gravestones
13. Two gravestones were found 300 meters away from the cemetery and moved to the Jewish section of the museum of Skansen in Sweden.
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
Four memorial signs with the names of the Jewish victims of the Holocaust are located on the cemetery site, installed by a local politician and businessman Stanislav Arzhevitin. He wrote a book about the Jewish community of Kolochava.
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown, but according to the dates on the preserved gravestones it can be assumed that the cemetery emerged in the mid-19th century. First, it appears on cadastral maps of 1864.