Kolcse Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Kölcse was established as early as 1828 – the year which is marked on the oldest tombstone found in the cemetery. The latest tombstones found in the cemetery were erected in 1937. The cemetery is fenced.
According to census data, there were 18 Jews in Kölcse in 1840. By 1880, the Jewish population reached its peak, numbering 85 people, after which the population gradually decreased. There were 84 Jews in Kölcse in 1910, 66 in 1920, 47 in 1930, and 43 in 1941. In 1944, the Jews were deported to the Mátészalka Ghetto and then to Auschwitz. 27 Jews from Kölcse were murdered in the Holocaust.