Klobuck Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery in Kłobuck is located at Sadowa Street, in the eastern part of the town, about 300 metres east of Sadowa Street. The cemetery’s exact establishment date is unknown, though it was established by the first half of the 19th century. During World War II, the cemetery was almost completely destroyed by the Germans. Stolen matzevot were used to harden roads, pavements and build anti-tank dams. Only one tombstone has survived from the cemetery which commemorates Ryfka Korland (nee Zygielbaum), who died on December 10, 1933. The cemetery covers an area of approximately 0.76 hectares and is unfenced. In 2018, cleaning work was carried out in the cemetery. Bushes and some trees were cut. There is an information sign about the cemetery at Sadowa Street
Kłobuck was founded in the 13th century. Permanent Jewish settlement in the town began in the first half of the 19th century. By 1921, an independent Jewish community was established. In 1827, 281 Jews lived in Kłobuck, constituting 15% of the total population, and 460 in 1850 (25%). In 1937, 2,001 people belonged to the Kłobuck Jewish community. During World War II, in March 1941, 2,054 Jews lived in Kłobuck. In October 1941, a ghetto was established, which existed until June 22, 1942. After its liquidation, the Jews were deported to KL Auschwitz-Birkenau.