Kishinev Skulyanka Jewish Cemetery (Demolished part)
The cemetery site is located in “Alunelul” park, between Calea Ieshilor Street, Milano Street, and Ion Neculce Street.
Is the cemetery demolished
Type and height of existing fence
Demolished and overbuilt Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery site is now occupied by a public park with playgrounds, a tennis court, and multi-storey housing.
Number of existing gravestones
No tombstones preserved
Date of oldest tombstone
Date of newest tombstone
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Property of local community
Preserved construction on site
There is a memorial to the victims of the 1903 Kishinev Pogrom, erected between 1993 and 2003, on the spot the desecrated Torah scrolls were buried. The approximate location of the demolished Beit-tahara is known.
The “Skulyanka” Jewish cemetery was most likely established in the early 19th century. According to maps of the region, it already existed on the site in 1817. The old section of the cemetery was demolished and built over between 1958 and 1960.