Kisar Jewish Cemetery
The Jewish cemetery of Kisar was established as early as 1891, since it appears on the cadastral map of that year. The latest tombstones found in the cemetery date to 1943. The cemetery is currently part of the local municipal cemetery.
In 1840, there were 12 Jews living in Kisar. In 1880, the total population of the village was 853, among whom 17 were Jews. There were 45 Jews in the village in 1910, 29 in 1920, and 37 in 1930. In 1941, among the village’s population of 1,154, 24 were Jewish. The former synagogue is now the courtyard of a building. The Jews of Kisar were deported from the Mátészalka Ghetto on May 31, 1944.