Khyriv New Jewish Cemetery
Information on the cemetery’s establishment is unknown, but it was marked on a map from 1939. It can be supposed that it was operating in the beginning of the 20th century and demolished during or after WWII. Khyriv was founded in 1528 and Jews were present here from then. The majority were engaged in trade and some in craft. In 1859, 574 Jews (31% of the total population) lived in Khyriv. The Jewish population reached 1,164 (40% of the total population) by 1900. In the early 20th century, the Zionist movement became active. The youth (“Noar Zioni”) and women associations (“Debora”) were popular. Before the WWI, many Jewish children attended hederim. In the post-war period, the Jewish population declined to 919 (35% of the total population) by 1921. In 1922, a Hebrew school was opened, in which 25 girls studied. During the Nazi occupation, the Jewish population of Khyriv was presumably liquidated.