Khodoriv Jewish Cemetery
Information on the cemetery’s establishment is not known, but it was marked on a cadastral map from 1846. It was ruined after WWII and a stadium was constructed on the site in 1990s. Locals say that when the construction of the stadium began, the remaining gravestones were moved away by the Jewish community. ESJF did not manage to locate them. The Jews were first mentioned in the 17th century. In 1642, the community established a wooden synagogue. By 1765, 882 Jews were residing in Khodoriv. The Jewish population reached 1,433 (around 50% of the total population) in 1890. The rise of the population as well as the upturn of the economy of the Jewish community was heavily tied to the construction of the railway station through the town. During the interwar period, the Zionist movement became more active. A Hebrew school and a Talmud tora were operating at that time as well. The Jewish population numbered 2,723 in June 1942. Khodoriv was captured by the Nazis on July, 7, 1941. In the beginning of September 1942, 2,000 Jews were deported to Belzec extermination camp. Presumably, almost 400 Jews who were spared for labour were murdered on February 5, 1943.