Kersemjen Municipal Cemetery – Jewish Section
There appears to have been two Jewish cemeteries in Kérsemjén. This cemetery was in use as early as 1891, since it is marked on the cadastral map of that year. The latest tombstone found in the cemetery dates to 1942. This cemetery is now part of the local municipal cemetery.
The small settlement of Kérsemjén had 23 Jewish inhabitants in 1840. Forty years later, in 1880, the total population was 417, among whom 32 were Jews. The Jewish community reached its peak in 1910, when 42 Jews lived in the village. By 1920, the Jewish population had nearly halved and by 1930, there were only 20 Jewish residents in Kérsemjén. In 1941, among the village’s total population of 457, 17 were Jewish.