Kashivka Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It appears on Russian maps from the mid-19th century. The graveyard was demolished during or after WWII.
Jews were residing in Kashivka since the early 17th century before the Khmel’nyts’kyy uprising of 1648 to 1649. At that time, there were five Jewish houses in the town. In 1787, Kashivka had 37 Jewish residents in 16 houses. In 1897, Jewish population numbered 445 (42% of the total population). Three Jewish shops were operating in the town before WWI. Flight from the effects of WWI significantly reduced the population, which numbered only 15 individuals by 1921. Nazi troops arrived in Kashivka in summer 1941. In January 1943, all 20 Jews of Kashivka were shot by Ukrainian police.