Kapciamiestis Jewish Cemetery
Given the oldest preserved tombstone is dated 1887, it can be inferred the cemetery was founded no later than the late 19th century.
Jews began to settle in Kapčiamiestis (Pl. Kopciowo, Yid. קאָפּטשעווע) around 1800. In 1897, the town had a Jewish population of 528, or 40% of the total. Under the Lithuanian independent state, there were about 50 Jewish families in Kapčiamiestis. Zionist organisations operated until the Soviet occupation in 1940. After the German invasion in 1941, the Jews of Kapčiamiestis were taken to the ghetto in Katkiškė and were murdered on 3 November 1941.