Kantorjanosi Jewish Cemetery One
There used to be two Jewish cemeteries in Kántorjánosi. This cemetery was in use as early as 1841, which is the date marked on the earliest tombstone found in the cemetery. The cemetery remained in operation until at least 1944, however, there is one gravestone from 1984. The cemetery has been fenced.
In 1840, the village had 31 Jewish inhabitants. In 1880, Jews accounted for 274 residents among the total population of 1,670. By 1910, the Jewish population decreased slightly to 224, and ten years later there were 245 Jewish residents. In 1941, of the village’s total population of 3,318, 159 were Jewish.