Kamyanka-Buzka New Jewish Cemetery on Shevchenka Street
In 2014, Meylakh Sheykhet initiated a court case that revealed the location of this Jewish cemetery, basing on the documents which are not available for public use. ESJF could not find any other evidence that this cemetery existed. It does not appears on old maps. Nowadays there are no visible traces of the cemetery.
The first records of Jews date to 1465. In 1589, the Jewish community obtained the right to purchase houses and engage in trade. In 1627, the community got permission to build a synagogue. 552 Jews lived in Kamyanka in 1765. In 1837, Sholom Rosenfeld (1800–1852) founded the Hasidic dynasty. In the late 19th – early 20th century, the Jewish population was constantly growing from 2,922 (47.8% of the total population) in 1880 to 3,549 (43.8% of the total population) in 1910, it reached the peak of 3,142 people and almost the half of the total population 48.4% in 1890. During WWI the condition of the Jewish community worsen, and by 1921, it numbered 2,685 (41.2% of the total population). In the interwar period, the Zionist movement was popular among the Jews. In 1931, the Jewish population increased again to 3,283. On June 28, 1941, the Wehrmacht troops occupied Kamyanka. On September 15, 1942, around 1,500 Jews were deported to the Belzec death camp.