Kam’yanets’-Podil’s’kyy Karvasary Old Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. According to the epigraphic data, it already existed in the late 18th century. It appears on old maps since the 1870s.
Before 1923, Karvasary was an independent town. In 1847, the Jewish population stood at 752 Jews. It was 720 Jews and consisted of more than half of the total population in 1897. In 1865, two synagogues existed in Karvasary, and by 1889, one more synagogue was built.