Kamianyi Brid Jewish Cemetery
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. It was established no later than the early 20th century, as the earliest preserved tombstone dates to 1919. It was not marked on maps of the 1890s-1910s.
The town of Kamianyi Brid (Ukr. Кам’яний Брід, Rus. Каменный Брод , Yid. קאַמענבראָד) is first known to have had Jewish residents in the 18th century. There were 1,147 Jewish residents (65% of the town) in 1897. The main employer in the town was the faience (pottery) factory, owned by an Austrian Jew, A. F. Sussmann. The Bund was active among the factory workers. During the Civil War of 1918–21, the community survived a number of pogroms, with around 250 Jews murdered in 1919. There were 857 Jews (37%) in Kamianyi Brid in 1939. After the arrival of the Germans in 1941, most of the Jews were murdered.
Yuri Kanner, head of the Russian Jewish Congress, was born in Kamianyi Brid in 1955.
The cemetery was established in 1919 to bury the victims of the pogrom. The cemetery was also used by Jews from the nearby community of Dovbysh. There is a monument to Holocaust victims which was opened in 2013.