Kamianka-Dniprovska Jewish Cemetery
According to KSEN, the cemetery was gradually demolished as a result of the construction of the Kakhovskoe reservoir in the 1950s, some of the new burials were removed by relatives. The Ohel was dismantled over time, according to locals. It cannot be found marked on old maps of the region.
Kamianka-Dniprovs’ka (Ukr. Кам’янка-Дніпровська, Rus. Каменка-Днепровская, in 1793–1920 Malaya Znamenka, Ukr. Мала Знам’янка, Rus. Малая Знаменка, in 1920-44 Kamianka(-na-Dnipri), Ukr. Кам’янка(-на-Дніпрі), Rus. Каменка(-на-Днепре)) had a Jewish prayer house in 1885. There were 81 Jews in Kamianka in 1939. During the German occupation, 31 Jewish refugees were murdered in September 1941, and about 20 Kamianka Jews were taken to Nikopol and shot in February 1942. According to the 2001 census, there were a few Jews (<10) in Kamianka-Dniprovs’ka and the neighbouring area.
It is not known when the cemetery was founded. It was damaged when the Kakhovka Reservoir was created in 1956, some of the remains were reinterred by relatives elsewhere. According to the 1994–95 survey of the Jewish Preservation Committee (KSEN), there used to be an ohel and some tombstones, none of these can be seen now. The cemetery is regularly vandalized by grave robbers.