Kalynivske Jewish Сemetery
According to the Commission on the Preservation of Jewish Heritage (KSEN), the cemetery was established in 1807. It is marked on map from 1890 and on a German map from the 1930s.
The colony of Seydemenukha (Ukr., Rus. Сейдеменуха, Yid. שׂדה מנוחה), which means “Field of Repose” in Hebrew, was founded in 1807 by Jews from Vitebsk, Mogilev, and Chernigov Governorates. After Malaya Seydemenukha was founded in 1841, the old colony became known as Bolshaya Seydemenukha (Great Seydemenukha). A German community emerged in the colony in the 1850’s and there were 1,287 Jews (82% of the total population) in the colony in 1897. The community maintained a synagogue, 2 prayer houses, several cheders, a library, and a loan fund. Zionists became active in 1917. The colony survived looting and several pogroms during the Civil War of 1918–21. In 1926, Seydemenukha Jews founded the colony Roytfeld (now Vyshneve). In 1927, Seydemenukha was renamed Kalinindorf (Ukr. Калініндорф, Rus. Калининдорф, Yid. קאַלינינדאָרף) and became the centre of Kalinindorf Jewish National Raion, which included 11 village councils, 8 of which were Jewish. Kalinindorf had a Yiddish-language school, an agricultural school, and a teacher-training college. A newspaper was published in Yiddish. The synagogue was closed in the late 1920’s. A collective farm was created in 1930. There were 1,879 Jews (60% of the total population) in Kalinindorf in 1939. Some of them were able to evacuate before the Germans arrived in August 1941. Most of the remaining Jews were murdered in September 1941. A certain number of Jews returned after the war, but were a small minority. The settlement was renamed Kalininske (Ukr. Калінінське, Rus. Калининское) in 1944 and Kalynivs’ke (Ukr. Калинівське, Rus. Калиновское) in 2016.
According to the 1994–95 survey of the Jewish Preservation Committee (KSEN), the cemetery was founded in 1807. The earliest surviving tombstone dates to 1914.