Kalynivka Jewish Cemetery
According to the Commission on the Preservation of Jewish Heritage, the cemetery was established in the early 19th century. It can be found marked on a map of Western Russia from the 1900s.
There is not much information on the Jewish community of Kalynivka. Jews first settled in Kalynivka in the second half of the 18th century and in 1765, there were 4 Jewish residents. By 1774, that number had increased to 143 Jews. According to the census of 1897, the Jewish population numbered 1,052 people out of the total of 2,558. The Jews were engaged in trade and crafting. The Jewish community survived pogroms in March and July 1919.
The school operated till the early 1930s and by 1939, there were 979 Jewish residents.
Kalynivka was occupied on July 22nd 1941. Jews were concentrated in a ghetto and on May 30th 1942, 510 Jews were executed. Skilled workers were killed in late August.
As of today, there are several Jewish families still living in the town.
The exact period of the cemetery’s establishment is unknown. According to the Commission on the Preservation of Jewish Heritage, the cemetery was established in the early 19th century. The cemetery is marked on the maps from the 1900s of the region. The earliest gravestone found dates to 1928, and the most recent dates to 2011. There around 110 gravestones, the inscriptions are poorly preserved. The cemetery is abandoned.