Kalnibolota Jewish Cemetery
Kal’nibolota (also known as Kalnibolot, sometimes Pyataya Rota) was founded in the first half of the 18th century. In 1734 the region came under the control of the Russian Empire, and became a part of Novorossiya, from 1802, it belonged to the Kherson Governorate (Khersonskaya gubernia). In 1897, Kal’nibolota’s Jewish population numbered 588 residents out of the 44992 in the town. At that time, it already had a Jewish prayer house.
After 1922, Kal’nibolota became a part of Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic within the USSR.
The majority of Kal’nibolota’s Jews appear to have been murdered during Holocaust.
In 1991, after the collapse of the Soviet Union, Kal’nibolota made a part of the independent Ukraine.
The Jewish cemetery of Kal’nibolota was totally demolished in the second half of the 20th century.