Kakhovka Jewish Cemetery

Cemetery Information

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kherson
District
Kakhovsky
Settlement
Kakhovka
Site address
The cemetery is located on the right hand side of the "School of Arts" at No.5 Pankeevskaya street, on the river bank.
GPS coordinates
46.81679, 33.4732
Perimeter length
238 Đ¼etres
Is the cemetery demolished
yes
Type and height of existing fence
Not fenced
Preservation condition
Demolished and overbuilt Jewish cemetery
General site condition
The cemetery was demolished, now it is a public walkway on the river bank. The cemetery has been demolished. The perimeter was compiled from the recollections of local residents, who stated that the cemetery was on the banks of the river. There was also a synagogue in Kakhovka.
Number of existing gravestones
No tombstones preserved.
Date of oldest tombstone
N/A
Date of newest tombstone
N/A
Urgency of erecting a fence
Fence is not needed
Land ownership
State
Preserved construction on site
No
Drone surveys
Yes

Historical overview

According to the Commission on the Preservation of Jewish Heritage, the cemetery was established in the mid 19th century. The last burials were carried out in 1958. It is likely that it was demolished after the 1960s. In the 1990s, the territory overbuilt. It cannot be found marked on old maps of the region.